Thursday, June 16, 2011

Learning New Tricks

We are finding out how stubborn Noah can be, and oh boy is he ever! If Noah does not want something, in this case, heavy whipping cream, there is no way he is going to take it. "NO! No way! I won't! Uh uh! Absolutely not!" Yes, our sweet, little boy can have an attitude.
Amidst this struggle we are learning new tricks to get his cream, or whatever the struggle is, into his cute, little tummy (and little it is after being sick for so long). One way is to secretly empty a chocolate milk container and fill it with his cream along with some sugarfree/carb free chocolate syrup. He puts up a small fight each time because its different tasting than his old chocolate milk but after a short time he drinks it, especially if Zaiah has one at the sametime (Zaiah's is of course the real chocolate milk). Watching TV while he eats seems to distract him from disecting every bite. Sometimes we feed him every bite. "How are we ever going to make this work at home?" Because of his acidosis he has been having baking soda in his drinks. The only way he will take this is in Diet Root Beer (something I swore I would never give my kids, but I guess anything goes on this diet).

The really good news is that we are going home in the morning, as long as Noah continues to do good. We all miss Zaiah and Caleb and can't wait to be with them at home. They came to visit yesterday and the day before. Noah got a DS when they came and that is all Zaiah did while he was here. I don't think he knew what he was doing but he sure enjoyed it. It is always hard to say good-bye. Thankfully they are very happy at Nana and Momo's.

We are very much looking forward to being home, although I am sure it will have its' own challenges. Our boys (all 3 of them) are going to have to learn fast what its like to not be spoiled all the time. They have been receiving multiple gifts daily, haven't had to clean up from themselves much, and Noah has been watching TV almost anytime he wants. Things will definitely be changing. I'm sure things will be hard for Jon and I as well. We haven't had to do our own dishes or laundry in a week. We have only been preparing Noah's meals and getting Noah to eat them. We are interested to see how Noah's meal preparation is going to happen amidst all of our normally crazy lives. I've noticied that when I feel like adding another thing might just put me over the edge, somehow it always seems to make room for itself. I am hoping this to be the case.

While we are praying for a miracle for Noah, I am reminded of something I learned from Beth Moore.

God is who He says He is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God is alive and active in me.

Our prayer for our kids, and especially Noah right now, is that they believe in these truths. For Noah: "God is God and He can heal you completely of your seizures. You are His child and can do anything you put your mind to through Christ. He is active and alive in your life and has a great plan for you. We love you!"

1 comment:

Betty said...

AMEN!!!! so many together in prayer!