Tuesday, August 16, 2011

IT WORKS!!

Noah had his 24hr EEG on the Thursday and on Friday morning Dr Simon was very happy to tell us that Noah isn't having any seizures!!! He had a few discharges while sleeping but no true seizures. I think we are all kind of in shock right now and it hasn't truly set in yet but we are very excited too.
In the hospital they checked all of his levels again and he again is in acidosis so we have been giving him a teaspoon of baking soda a day and his whole personality and energy is back. This is almost as exciting as being seizure free.
We have been telling Noah how proud of him we are and are so excited that he isn't having any seizures and his response is "God did it". He has his ups and downs but overall he is doing amazing on this diet and is truly trying his best. We couldn't be more proud of him.
Thank you so much for all your prayers!!! I can't believe after all Noah has been through for the past 1 1/2 years that we are telling you right now he is seizure free.
If we had the choice for Noah not to have epilepsy we would take it in a flash but God has truly worked in our hearts and family so much during this time and for that we are so grateful.

2 comments:

Betty said...

cannot find the right words to express my joy for you and my deep gratefulness to God!!! My heart is full of happiness for you--I never cease to be amazed by out God!!

Nanna said...

Noah

I felt like a child on Christmas morning when I hear you were seizure free, I smiled all day and even giggled several times. I can't stop praising God!!!

I love you big boy- your awesome on your diet!