Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We've Made It

We have officially made it to 4:1 and we are here to stay. I am so excited to be on a 4:1 ratio now. This means if the diet is going to work we will be seeing results anytime between now and the next 2-3 months. This makes it all worth it. It has been very hard (for all of us) to be working so hard at this diet, knowing that we aren't even up to the right ratio, but we are here now.
Noah is doing amazing at eating his food! He definitely has his ups and downs and his portions are so small that he feels hungry often, but he eats and tries everything I give him. Whatever happened to my picky eater? I don't know but I am so thankful for his willingness to work with us.
The kitchen is no longer a fun place for Noah or myself. Some days I wish we just didn't have to eat. I would be totally fine never seeing a gram scale again let alone butter and whipping cream and I know Noah would love a giant chocolate chip cookie and a tall glass of milk right now.
For now, we are doing our best to make things happy and fun. Yesterday, we took Noah and Isaiah to see Winnie the Pooh (their first movie in the theater). I was able to make Noah some popcorn covered in butter. He loved it! It was so much fun to get away and do something fun and new together.
Although this diet is so extremely hard and there are days we all want to give up, we are in it for the long haul. If it helps Noah seizures it is worth every second in the kitchen, every frustration over spilled cream, every cookie and candy we have to pass up, and every tear. Noah is such an amazing child. We are so grateful for his cooperation and overall great attitude. We love you Noah Aaron!!!

4 comments:

Betty said...

so glad you made it to the 4:1 and praying that you see clear and wonderful results from it!! God bless!! Betty

CGeneC said...

This is awesome guys... Praise God.. I'm excited for all of you... Keep it up, and thanks for the continued progress reports. The Cerveny's will continue to pray for you all.... GOOD JOB NOAH!!!

Jenne said...

Great news! Go, Noah, go!

Nanna said...

Noah, you are so brave and awesome! I'm praying for your diet to work. God Bless you. Your my Scallywag; my heart is connected yours. I love you!